Do you really know Mary Shelley’s monster ?
Test your knowledge on the novel with this short quiz about the monster life and his motivations.
- Why does the creature do not kill Victor?
a) They have a good relationship and he do not want to ruin it.
b) He wants something from him.
c) He is secretly in love with him.
d) He is not physically able to.
2. Why does the creature turns evil ?
a) He is naturally evil…
b) Since people immediately thought he was evil, he decides to be evil.
c) He liked the feeling to kill someone even though it happen by accident.
d) He thinks the best way to take his revenge is to be evil.
3. Who was the monster’s first victim ?
4. How does the creature learns to read ?
a) Victor taught him.
b) He already knew how to read because of his borrowed brain.
c) He learned by watching the Delacy family.
d) It came to him naturally.
5. What words best describe Victor’s creation ?
a) Funny and intelligent
b) Satanic and heartless
c) Heroic and strong
d) Sensitive and vengeful
6. What is the creature’s reaction to Victor’s death?
a) He feels relieved from all pressure
b) Determined to find a wife somewhere
c) He cries and feel guilty
d) He smiles
ANSWERS: 1. b), 2. b), 3. d), 4. c), 5. d), 6. c)
By Jamie-Lee Valcourt